Custom Search

Monday, July 28, 2008

- Health Update trick

Health Update

Well, I gained 2 pounds. But I’m going with my dad’s theory that I’m gaining muscle mass…I do feel a little stronger! ;) Really, gaining is disappointing, but I can’t worry too much about it because I know I worked out every day last week, even increasing the intensity of my workouts.

I will admit that with our last-minute getaway I did consume a few (very few) foods that were not totally bad, but not the best either. I had swordfish with cous cous and half of a half of a (did you get that?!) baked potato with a little sour cream, butter, cheese, bacon and chives…I KNOW, I KNOW!!!! I could have just ordered it plain or without half of that junk…but it was 9pm, I was starving and just wanted it. Geesh, you people are tough! But you will be happy to know that I probably only had about 5 bites before calling it quits. But probably that coupled with the cous cous=too many carbs.

And I did eat five (yes, I counted) french fries with my greek chicken wrap (I dumped all the stuff out of half of the wrap to decrease carb intake) at Sunday’s lunch. This was probably the worst I have done food-wise since starting my new diet…but I was away, the timing of our meals was off and to be honest…who can say that having 5 french fries and a quarter of a loaded baked potato is really that horrible anyway!?

But last week I also had my FREE meal on Friday night (because I didn’t know I would be going away) where I ate sushi and ice cream….let’s not talk about it anymore. :)

The only other thing I ate last week that was different from my usual intake was a slice and a half of Ezekiel bread with my husband’s dippy eggs for dinner one night. Boy was that good.

Anyway, despite the fact that I know I probably ate better than half of America, I’m still feeling like I really cheated last week. I think it’s because I really ate more carbs (rice, wrap, fries, potato) and sugar (ice cream) that I usually do. I’m trying not to be too hard on myself though. It’s a process that I must deal with every meal of every day…I know there will be good meals and then some more challenging meals, but it’s always on my mind and in my prayers so God can continue to do His good work.

I do not have a food chart for you this week. It was a very harried work/social week and I just couldn’t keep up with organizing it for your viewing. But please keep praying for me. Some days’ results are so encouraging and some aren’t. Focus, determination, discipline and prayer are keeping me going!

No comments: